Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

iFound Wheezy Picts

I found these picts on my phone and realized I forgot to post them. The kids have each been on and off sick the past week or so. (It's typical...we're always in the dr office for their "wellness checks" for their birthdays and they're usually sniffling or coughing.) At Brady's appointment last week, Dr. Kim noticed he was developing an ear infection. So when Sylvie woke up this morning and told me her ear was "bwoke," I took her in. I didn't really think she had an ear infection (she's never had one and she really didn't seem in pain, plus no fever). But she's never said anything like that to me before and she consistently pointed to her right ear when asked. So we saw Dr. Hong today. Turns out her ears were just fine, but the doc detected some slight wheezing in her breathing. She indicated that there was a virus circulating this year that caused kids to wheeze. So she gave her a breathing treatment in the office and we wrote a script for albuterol. I think I would have been horrified about the breathing treatment if I hadn't heard about it from other friends. Sylvie was fine for the first 30 seconds...even laughing over the mask. Then she started crying and freaking out (which I had previously read was fine b/c they just inhaled more medicine). So she looks sad and then super sad in these picts, but really she was just fine...just a little drama. :)


No comments: