Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pancakes, Pals, and Playing on a Firetruck


This morning we went to the Ashburn Fire Dept. for a pancake breakfast. Could it get any better than Brady's favorite food coupled with an up-close look at the firetruck and fireman?! But wait, there's more! It CAN get even better...when you can enjoy it with your best pals! I put the suggestion out to Brady's school friends' moms and Cameron, Wesley, and Braeden were there too. whoohoo! Cameron and his family were the first ones we saw when we entered the hall. Wouldn't you know that my usual clingy-in-new-places boy was all, "Bye Mommy!" and actually preferred to sit with Cameron, Maddie, Miss Tiffany, and Mr. Graeme?! Even when I told him that we were going to sit in the back of the room and pointed to the table, he said, "Okay. I wanna sit here." I asked one more time when we were making his plate, "Do you want to eat with your family? Mommy, Daddy, and Sylvie are sitting back there." His response was, "No, I wanna have pancakes with Cameron." Pretty cool. I thought it was awesome for Brett to see him in his element with his buddies too, since he was unable to make it to Colton's house on Friday. So we got a glimpse of the adolescent "drop me off at the mall and go" stage. Cameron's parents kept an eye on Brady and reported that he ate all his food and was very well-behaved. (It helps too that he loves Tiffany, Cameron's mommy.)

Here we're heading out. It was fun that it was raining b/c Brady got to wear his fireman raincoat. Sylvie though it was cute too. :p

Best buds

Despite their inability to read, all the kids thought it was funny to cross the "Fire Line Do Not Cross" tape. Tiffany and I kept saying, "breakin' the law, breakin' the law" so then the boys were saying it and Brady would ask me, "Mommy, is Sylvie breaking the law?" :p

Too bad this one is blurry. She's so darn cute.

No comments: