Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Patient Advocate

Sylvie had her 6 month wellness appointment this morning. I had intended to drop Brady off at daycare and then just take Sylvie in. As I was telling Brady my plans, he first asked me a few clarifying questions before making a decision.
Brady: "Sylvie go to da doctor?"
Mommy: "Yes, Brady and you will go to school."
Brady; "No, I don't want to go to school about Sylvie!" (He says "about" for "without.")
Mommy: "Well then you'll have to come to the doctor's office with us." I'm thinking he will say no at this point b/c he doesn't love the doctor's b/c he doesn't love shots. He surprised me and melted my heart when he pressed further.
Brady: "Sylvie gonna get shots?"
Mommy: "Yes, Sylvie will need to get shots today. Do you want to go to school and then see Sylvie in a little bit or do you want to go to the doctor's with us?"
Brady:"I go to da doctor with Sylvie. She gonna get shots. I havta pretect her."

Good boy buddy. Protect your little sister. Unfortunately she still had to have the vaccinations though. :( On the way out of the house, I was buckling Brady in to his seat when he says, "I'm a cool dude TWO times." and I'm like, "What?" I look up and he has the roll sunglasses Brett got from the eye doctor the other day on with his sunglasses over them. Cool dude, cool dude (two times)!

The doctor gave Sylvie a prescription for a blood draw for allergy testing. She said the eczema that has been present for nearly 4 months may actually be an allergic reaction to something. She showed me the list of items the blood panel would test for. Uh oh. Chocolate was the only thing on that list that I eat every day (and therefore repeatedly expose Sylvie to). Sorry sweet girl, but if you're allergic to chocolate I may have to stop nursing. Is it terrible that I'm unable to give up chocolate even for the sake of my sweet Sylvie's skin?!

I took one quick picture of the two of them in the office but that was it because the wiggle worm was not to be unattended for too long.

Doctor's office toys include crinkly paper for the 6 month old and tongue depressors for the 2.5 year old. He kept saying, "I'm Dr. Kim! You get shots Mommy!" and poking me with the tongue depressor. Hey, what about "pretecting" Mommy? :)


1 comment:

amyditzel@me.com said...

Ooh! Tiffany (or as I sometimes think of you, Ms. TFNE, as 4 year old Claire phonetically spelled your name)! The kids are SO AMAZINGLY DARLING! Precious and so sweet - Brady is a GOOD big brother! Sylvie is a beauty just like her mama! I hope you are doing well - love you all and miss you!

xoxo,
Amy, Dave, Claire & Elise