Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Commuting

Since I telework, I rarely take the Toll Road and almost never do so during rush hour. We were there today as we headed to National Airport to pick up my mom who is visiting for the week while daycare is closed, Brett's in Chicago, and I have to work. Rush hour has never been so much fun! It was great to be able to drive somewhat slowly along the Toll Road and for Brady to see all the construction vehicles at work. All I heard was, "whoa! Another crane Mommy!" "Whoa! A red crane Mommy!" "Whoa! Look at that berry berry tall one Mommy!" "I wanna see more Mommy!" I think we passed at least 7 cranes, 20 bulldozers, 5 steamrollers, and numerous dump trucks. I thought life could not get any better for this kid...until we hit the traffic on 66. Then we got to drive slow and watch the "choo choo Mommy!" "Look another train Mommy!" "I see the tracks Mommy!" It was totally awesome! Imagine if all commuters could be THAT EXCITED on their way in to work each morning?! What a happy place!

No comments: