Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sylvie's Day Two

Brett relayed this sweet story to me today. He took the camera home with him last night and showed Brady pictures and video of his little sister. He said at first Brady's response to "Do you know who that baby is?" was his standard, "baby Alex." Alex was the first baby at daycare that Brady was cognizant of. Alex is now 15 months old and I keep telling him that Alex is a big boy, but he still refers to all babies as "baby Alex." Don't think that didn't come up during our name game discussions! Brett considered Alexandra and we thought, well at least that would be easy for Brady...but then it would only confirm his hypothesis that all babies are baby Alex. ;p

Anyway, so then Brett said, "No, that's your sister. What's her name?" and Brady's sweet toddler voice said, "Sylvie!" He noted that "Sylvie crying" and had a few other observations. Then Brett said he lost interest and instead kept asking, "Where Mommy? I want to see Mommy." That made me smile. I'm happy that Brady is doing okay without me, but that he misses me like I miss him.

Here are a few shots from Sylvie's day two. It's been relatively relaxing- mostly resting and feeding (for us both!).


1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet!