Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Boy Meets Girl

Sylvie and I were discharged from the hospital this rainy Sunday morning. Last week Brady and I made a welcome home sign for his little sis. He really did do a great job coloring and we had fun doing it together.


Here are some of our last few picts in the hospital. Oh, and indeed I am liking little girls' clothes now. Pink is So Fun! :)


When we got home, I went inside first while Brett and Sylvie hung back for a bit in the car. It was a Most wonderful feeling to squeeze my boy! Oh how I missed him! Then Sylvie and Daddy came up the front walk. At first Brady was more interested in the umbrella Brett had- haha! I said, "Oh boy! Look at what Daddy has for us!" and Brady said, "He has a 'brella!" Um, okay, but how about that adorable little lady he has in his other hand?


Once he realized that it was his little sis in there, he asked us to take her out and said, "I carry!?" Sweet big bro.

We told him it would be okay if he sat down so that Sylvie could sit on his lap. He wasn't quite sure what to do, but finally decided that reading the dictionary to her was appropriate. :)

Then he did hold her and it was absolutely p.r.e.c.i.o.u.s.



Just in case there was any confusion and because we all know how I love cute shirts- Sylvie's onesie says, "baby sister" and Brady's t-shirt says, "I am a Big Brother."


We know he loves her. One of the first things he did was give her one of his cars so that "she play woad with me." Oh my heart!

I thought we were going to have a little trouble with Sylvie's first meal at home. When I sat down to nurse her, Brady told me he wanted to sit with "my mommy." I wasn't sure how that was going to go. But you know, it went just fine. He was so darn sweet. He lowered his little self right next to Sylvie on the boppy and showed us his coloring book.


11 comments:

Maureen said...

The family photos of Brady holding Sylvie are so precious! What a sweet big brother (and of course, little sister.)

Courtney said...

SO precious! those pictures make me tear up! and i never liked pink until i had rebekah :-)

Soma said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures. Beautiful family. Many many congratulations!

amyditzel@me.com said...

Congratulations! We are all so happy for you! Sylvie is beautiful, just like her mama! :)

Coco said...

T - you look great! This pics teared me up too! So happy for you all. What a good big bro Brady is! XO

sonny gupta said...

what an awesome first few days! and you guys look great in your first family pic! brady is such a sweetie and he is gonna be the perfect big brother! - sonny

Amber said...

What wonderful photos! I am so thrilled to see Brady being such a awesome big bro!

Anonymous said...

So precious! You have a beautiful family!

aunt mar said...

What precious moments. Thanks for sharing them. What a beautiful family you have Tiff.
Totally AWESOME.
Brady will be a great big bro.
Its in his genes ;-))
Love to all
aunt mar

Unknown said...

It's all just so amazing ... we're sooooo happy for you guys. Much love - all of us

Anonymous said...

I just watched the video about ten times and I'm fascinated with Sylvie

"More Sister Baby" because its my favorite to watch

Kellan