Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

Target: napping

Most of the time our target for Brady is restful sleep and/or napping. But it seems these days napping IS Target. ;p Are you following that logic?

Today Brady's nap schedule has been way off. I put him down for his 9AM-ish nap at 9:30. He fought it (apparently Swiffering the floors was a Much better alternative than resting!). He seemed to settle in after about a bit of fussing and I went to take a shower. As I'm getting out of the shower (@ 9:45) I hear very loud, very clear wails and realize that the door to Brady's room must be open. It seems Romey thought he could offer assistance to his little buddy and went in to investigate. Well there was no way for me to leave the bathroom without being seen by Brady. Once he saw me, that was it. There would be no more morning nap. So I got him up and we ran some errands. Once again, when we pulled in to Target, I discovered he was out cold. (Really, we do go to more places than Target and Harris Teeter...it just seems as if we don't!) Anyway, so he was not waking up and I was carrying him around the store. After about a half hour, I was feeling Brett's pain...literally! I remembered Brett's question from last weekend, "Why don't we just lay him down in the shopping cart? I'm sure he'd like that." Read: "Dude, my arms are killing me. What are our alternatives?" At the time, I laughed and said no. Oh how quickly my mind changed when I found myself in Brett's shoes. Today, I was praising his innovative thinking! :)

So I found these cozy flannel pajama pants (and actually wound up buying a pair for Brett because they really were So snuggly...and on clearance!) and lined the cart with them and placed our slumbering, heavy toddler in the cart. He really did do fine as we strolled along. But I thought it was so funny and knew I had to tell Brett about it, so I took a picture...and that ended the peaceful slumber. Nonetheless, Brady was a sweet sweet boy the entire time and stayed awake and babbled to me about what he saw.
Then we drove home and the drone of the engine and the "nothing else to do" attititude of the car seat must have kicked in. It was noon and my plan was for us to have lunch at home and then for him to nap. But he was Out and didn't wake up when we got home. Again, he's way too heavy for me to carry around. So I put blankets on the family room floor and made him a bed. For the first time since he was a newborn, the boy stayed passed out on the floor. I didn't even remove his jacket or his boots because I didn't want to wake him. He stayed exactly like this for 50 mintues.
Of course, Romey has to get in on the snuggling action.
Whoops, I forgot about this one...here's a picture of when we went to Kohl's. They have these cool shopping carts that are very much like a stroller- awesome! See, we really do go to places other than Target and Harris Teeter! ;p

1 comment:

veronica said...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious! I would have love to see pushing him around in Target in the shopping cart! You just gave me a great laugh for today!