Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Brusha Brusha Brusha"

At his one year wellness appointment, Brady's pediatrician suggested letting him have a toothbrush so that he could begin getting used to it. I've heard terrible stories from other parents whose children hate having their teeth brushed. It makes sense...I mean, who wants a stick being forced in your mouth causing you to gag? Fortunately, this is not an issue with Brady. He puts Everything in his mouth so his fondness for the toothbrush was no surprise. I've been using a washcloth or a finger brush since his little Chiclets first poked through. So maybe he's just used to it? Tonight I introduced him to his first "real" toothbrush. He opened wide and lets me move the toothbrush around his mouth and on his teeth, while seemingly enjoying it. Then I let him have it and he was just as happy. Now we just have to work on controlling that drool and/or spitting + rinsing. :)


No comments: