Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Doing the Daddy work

Surprise Brett! Father's Day weekend is here and to kick it off...you get a free pass on mowing the lawn! :) Our lawn was looking pretty shaggy and Brett gets home from work late these days and does not have enough time to mow during the week. Also, we are off to Richmond tomorrow to meet Brady's new bud, Eashan (YAY!) and it's supposed to rain anyway...so he couldn't have done it tomorrow. He certainly couldn't do it on Sunday...his first Father's Day should be spent relaxing with his family and friends. (We're planning to go to Hillsborough Winery with the Verebs if anyone else is interested in joining us! We wanted to do that for Mother's Day, but the weather was not cooperative.) So I decided to mow for him. Brady went to daycare for a shortened day today. He usually does not go on Fridays because I'm home with him, but we pay for the whole week anyway. His daycare does have a part time option, but when we signed up, Brett said for the extra $20 we should just pay for the whole week just in case things come up and I needed help on Friday. This has come in handy so far for doctor's appointments and today, to accomplish the arduous task of mowing about 150 gallons of grass. ha ha! That sounds funny, but I estimate that to be how much I cut today because I had to bag it (the least "fun" part about mowing) and I had about three 50 gallon bags of clippings. Then I mulched the beds that Brett had not gotten to yet. ugh! A true act of love because those bags are heavy and I don't like the smell of mulch. What can I say, I'm an act-of-service gal...it's how I show my love. I do love you Brett! See evidence above. :) Sorry about the lack of edging...you know I still don't know how to use the weed whacker yet!

Daycare has indeed turned out to be a blessing. Soma had helped to calm my concerns about Brady going to daycare when she shared with me that Kadyn's daycare experience had been pleasant and that her caregivers were able to do some things for her that Mom and Dad had been unable to. I've had this realization this week too. First off, he's always napped better for them ( > 1 hour) than he does for me ( < 30 minutes). But this week I notice that he's eating better for them too. They asked me to pack more oatmeal for him because he "eats it right up and looks for more." Yet, when I try to give him dinner he wails and wants out of the high chair. I was thinking, maybe he's just a breakfast person and not a fan of dinner just yet? But then today I planned to give him breakfast and then bring him to "school." Well, he wouldn't eat for me and preferred to get out of his chair, sit nice, and play. So I took the oatmeal to school and asked to watch them feed him. Wouldn't you know it? He sat there like a little guppy with his mouth wide open welcoming the spoon and kept eating until it was all gone. Go figure!

Okay, well I'm off to pick Brady up now and we have another act of service that we can do together for Daddy this afternoon. We'll update then...hopefully Daddy has access to the blog at work today so he can see his mini surprises and know how much he is loved.

2 comments:

Soma said...

We had the same eating experience with daycare and our pediatrician said it's common. I'm finding that Kadyn is a lot fussier in general with me (even more than with Basil). I think it's because she knows that I will give in to what she wants. Those daycare ladies won't do that! I don't mind so much - she also shows me a lot more affection :)

Piggy said...

I read the other day that babies are fussier at home because they feel more comfortable expressing their feelings to their parents.