Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

6 months old

Happy Birthday Brady! A half a year old already?! How can it be that SIX months have gone by since little man was born?! Wow, what fun it's been...time's just flown by! It looks like he's catching flies in this picture, but it was the best one I could get as wiggle worm rocked on the glider chair (which made me nervous) and grabbed at the paper (which is why it is now behind Hippo's head).

As we've noted, Brady now sits up by himself. He grabs for whatever object is in front of him: toys, mail/paper, drinks (he especially likes cold glasses) and will usually lick it once he's gotten it within range. He is able to pick up his pacis (usually be raking, but sometimes from a bulky grasp) and put them in his mouth by himself. I read somewhere that at this age babies will pat their parents as a sign of affection. I'm not sure how they know that...but I like to think it's true. It's cute! Brady does this often to us and when I think that it's his way of telling us he loves us, it makes my heart smile. He has many conversations with us and often sighs happily. He has also found his voice and seems to like the sound of his high pitched squeals. Coming at him swinging my hair when it is down is guaranteed to elicit a smile and giggles (probably because I always have it back when I'm near him because he grabs on, pulls, and sometimes eats my hair). I refer to him as a "smile slob." He'll give a gummy grin to anyone who smiles at him. He's a pretty happy kid. It's funny how easily amused he is. One of his favorite things is for us to do "jazz hands" or "happy dance" with our hands above our heads and/or to make silly noises. (He still loves the Bing! Bong! noises and will still smile and laugh at them.) Sometimes doing the "raise the roof" motion and saying "woot woot!" is the only way I can get him to eat for me...yeah, Brady's dinner time is filled with goofy fun! :) So far he's tried avocado, sweet potato, and carrots (in addition to his rice and oatmeal). He doesn't seem to love vegetables...can't say I blame you on that one buddy! :p

We were at the doctor today for his six month wellness appointment. He had another booster of 4 shots in the leg and 1 oral vaccine. He handled them like a champ! He cried for about 30 seconds as they administered the shots. Once I picked him up off the table, he stopped. For the first time, he didn't even need the bottle I had brought along! Although, it does seem to have worn him out...he's been passed out for over an hour already (see his little Charlie Brown band-aids? sweet little boy!):

Weight: 16 lbs. 5 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (75th percentile)

3 comments:

veronica said...

wow! I can't believe it has been six months already! I swear he gets cuter and cuter everyday! Happy Half Birthday!

Soma said...

Happy half birthday, Brady. Can't wait to see you again!

Piggy said...

We can totally relate to the wiggle worm! Now you have to learn to change diapers with a baby in motion. Happy six-month birthday, Brady! :)