Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Doing the Daddy work, part 2

Surprise #2 Brett! This time I didn't actually do the Daddy work, but I did pay someone to do it for Daddy. Brett's the one who cleans our cars. When he first got his car about 2.5 years ago, he used to clean it inside and out regularly. These days he just doesn't have the time to keep up with it. So Brady and I took care of that today. (You didn't really misplace your keys this morning Brett. I hid them so you'd be forced to take my car and Brady and I could execute our second surprise.) Brady missed all the excitement, as he napped the entire time. But here's one less thing Daddy has to do...he can just relax!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Brett!

Piggy said...

In our marriage preparation class, we learned that you need to understand your spouse's primary "love language" in order to better communicate. The five love languages are affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time and physical touch. For example, if you mowed the lawn and cleaned a car for someone who's primary love language is gifts, that person might not appreciate it as much, but acts of service and quality time mean the most to me, so I think your Father's Day gifts are so thoughtful. Happy Father's Day, Brett! We'd join you for your winery picnic, but we've already got plans all weekend. Have fun! :)

T-Luh said...

Yes indeed Claudia...we are fans of Chapman's book too. (In fact, we read it together on our honeymoon 4 years ago!) Brett and I are pretty much complete opposite love communicators, but we know each other's love language order and understand each other. So although acts of service is my #1 (and not Brett's), he understands that when I do things for him it's one of the ways I show him I love him.

That, and really who doesn't love a free pass from mowing (and bagging) the lawn on a hot "code orange" summer day! :) No doubt...he's feelin' the love!

I wonder what Brady's love language order will be? He may be like Daddy and have physical touch be his #1. That would be convenient b/c we just can't help but love and squish on him all the time (and he squeals with delight)! :D

Soma said...

You are a good woman, Tiff! I can't believe you cut and bagged the grass and got the car cleaned. You're making the rest of us look bad!!!