Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 25, 2008

Romey vs. Roomba

For our 4th wedding anniversary (April 23), for our new hardwood floors, and for my sanity...I got Brett a Roomba, one of the vacuum cleaning robots. (what can I say? I'm a romantic clean freak!) Our friends Toby and Piyush told us about it and the "modern" gift for the 4 year anniversary is electrical appliances. Despite the fact that Brett really wanted a flat screen tv (as if!), I got him a Roomba...it's a gift for both of us! I mean really, we just don't have enough vacuums! :p Seriously though, this one is cool because it's like a mother's helper. It thinks and works on it's own...and also serves as a new toy for Romey.

3 comments:

Sybilgrae said...

That's hysterical. I know Murphy would not like the roomba. We will never be able to get ther roomba.

Debbie said...

What I cannot figure out is how that thing cleans all the floors. How does it collect debris? Where does it collect debris? Does it just bounce around randomly? Details, details, I need details! And, yes the video is funny!

T-Luh said...

Okay D, I'll give you the scoop on Roomba...if you scoop on your slippers! http://thenorbergfamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/dont-hate-me-but.html

Roomba has his own tiny little broom that rotates and he sweeps our dustbunnies and dog hair in to his little canister. While it sometimes seems he is bouncing around randomly, his manual says he is calculating how best to clean the room. If you don't want him in a certain place, you block it off with furniture or these virtual walls (lasers) that come with him...indeed, he is one of our cooler toys! :p So far, it seems to work for us on our hardwoods...come on down to see him in action!