Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

I am seeing more clearly now...

My eye doctor's office called this morning to let me know my lens was rush-ordered and was in! Yay! She said if I wanted it today, I had to be there in less than an hour. doh! Brett was in a training class this morning and couldn't come home. So Brady and I drove very slowly on the Toll Road. This was painstaking, as Brady screamed the whole way. Oh well...I was still in a good mood and excited about getting the new lens. He stopped immediately as I pulled in to the parking spot at the doctor's office. ha ha!

Well, everything does happen for a reason. While performing a quick eye exam once the new lens was in, the doctor determined that my prescription is in need of an adjustment. She said to go ahead and take this lens (since it was better than nothing), but asked that I make another appointment for a full examination. I usually go to the eye doctor regularly, but was due for a full annual exam in December. Well, I was busy having a baby then and then busy taking care of him for the past 4 months. Speaking of which...we had another Murphy's Law case at the appointment today. Brady was great in the waiting room- playing with his toys and talking to me. He started off just fine in the exam room. He sat quietly while I put the new lens in and while we were waiting for it to settle. But as soon as the assistant came in to perform the exam, Brady began to fuss. It was comical...here I am rocking his car seat with my foot, holding the thing up to my right eye so that I could only use my left, and shouting out the letters I think I'm seeing as I shush Brady. It was like this: "E...shhh, Brady it's okay...uh, I think P...okay, buddy, little longer...hmm, maybe an O...be a good boy son" The assistant was cracking up. Then she left and told me the doctor would be in to talk to me shortly. Well wouldn't you know it? As soon as she leaves and Brady and I are alone, he konks out and sleeps the rest of the time! I made the appointment for the full exam for next week...when Grandma Luhring will be here to occupy Brady. :)

No comments: