Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

I can't see clearly now...

But the rain does seem to be gone. :)

Ugh! One of my contact lenses broke today. They told me it would take 5-7 business days to get a new one. I wear gas permeable lenses and am unable to get an accurate prescription for glasses...so my lenses are all I have. I believe this particular lens was the one that was 11 years old. What a bummer...I was going for a record! Gas permeable lenses can last for as long as the prescription is good. In fact, my doctor told me one of the reasons my lenses fit me so well is because they have had years of rubbing while cleaning.

Having only half my vision creates a bizarre feeling of helplessness and disadvantage. My depth perception is way off and I'm straining to watch tv and read the computer screen (eesh! the lengths I'll go through to blog and document our lives!) :) On the one hand I think, why couldn't I just have 20/20 vision? On the other hand I am grateful that I have a condition that is able to be corrected. If you see me in the next week or so and my clothes don't match or my hair is all crazy, I'm blaming the missing lens and not sleep-deprived motherhood this time. :) In fact, last night was the second night ever that Brady slept for 9 hours straight! I put him down to sleep @ 8:00, he fussed for about 15 minutes, and then did not wake up until 5:00!!! I woke up @ 4:45 in a panic when I realized that I hadn't been up at all yet. I immediately went to Brady's room and touched his little rib cage to ensure he was breathing. Everything was just fine, and I actually welcomed the little hunger-signaling wail that came from him 15 minutes later. It is really wild to think that for so long you are just wishing for your baby to sleep through the night. But the first couple of times it (or any extended sleep) happens, you wake yourself up with worry.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh the first few nights of them sleeping through the night!! I remember that well...only I would wake up because "the milk supply" was hurting me ;) if you know what I mean...then I would do what you did, run in to make sure they were breathing. And then I would do what you did, be so excited they woke up fifteen minutes later....until I was ready to go back to sleep after that early morning feeding!

I just read that Walmart post...I totally felt for you. WE have all been there...You know what? I also narrate for those around me...I have no idea why, but I am glad I'm not the only one!

Courtney said...

yea for sleeping through the night! GO BRADY!