Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 23, 2013

Tacky.

It's how we (collectively) do Christmas in the VoW!  
‘Twas the night before the night before Christmas...

...when out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

To my horror I saw such a tacky sight to behold
My yard littered with tacky ornaments of old
From the curb to my stoop was a sight of fright
What would all my neighbors think of this site!?!

Tom and Ivye chose our house with care,
They located the pile to attract the most stares,
They rang our doorbell, and said, "It's your date!"
It's December in The Village of Waxpool,
OUR YARD LOOKS JUST GREAT!!!

The night that Sylvi has been asking about for nearly a month is here!  WE finally have the tackiest decorated house in the VoW.  Funny thing is that in a preschooler's eyes, it's not tacky at all, it's WONDROUS!  The kids love it...and I admit, I kind of do too!
Sylvie asked if we could keep it up All the time.  I said it might be an HOA violation, but that we'd ask Mr. Fitz (our HOA pres, whose penguin is among this flock).  ;p   And yes- she is in this picture hugging the bear.  She made her rounds and hugged on each one...she's so funny and so excited for this!

No comments: