Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Her Did

Sylvie and I got our hair done (our her did!) so we would be pretty before heading off on vacation tomorrow.  This was Sylvie's first haircut...which seems so funny b/c I remember Brady's being right after his 1st birthday.  But of course she's a girl; she has gorgeous hair; and oh by the way, she wants to be Rapunzel and "does Not want to look like a boy!"  But my friend Erin convinced me it was worth it and it grows back better when the baby fine hair is removed.  So with the hope of help for the little birdie nest, we decided to do it!  We planned to go with Violet so that they could do it together and relieve some of Sylvie's anxiety.  The girls had joint appointments @ Eclips Kids @ 11:45 today.  I also needed a haircut so we went to the salon early.  But they did not have any availability.  So we walked a few stores down to my old standby, Hair Cuttery.  Sylvie was ADORABLE the entire time.  She stood really close and kept checking out what was happening and asking me questions.  Every one in the salon told her how pretty she was with her beautiful curls and color (she has the most awesome natural highlights!). 
"Before" shot at home; she's gorgeous- haircut or not
 I thought the hour might be long for her, so I indulged her with my iPhone and then just stared at her.  You know those moments- when you are just struck with how beautiful your kids are.  I was entranced by her, trapped in those moments for nearly the duration of my hair cut and style.  (I'm sure the stylist was like, "Weird mama taking 1,000 pictures of her kid while I straighten her hair.")
 We had some time before her appointment, so we had a smoothie date. :)
 
 
 
 Cheers!
 The official "before" shot of our little curly girlies-
Sylvie watched Violet get her hair washed as she watched me.  But then freaked out saying she was scared (and couldn't get out of her funk) when it was her turn.  :(
Suffice to say, she didn't "love" this experience.  She said, "I didn't like it a lotta bit.  I only liked it a little time." (and by that she meant...when it was over and I got a lolli.  ha!)
Except for the sad face which is focused on the tv, doesn't she just look too cute with mini self in her sparkly pink sandals and her kids cape??
 Her first blow-out!
Sure, I'll force a smile if you tell me I'm done! :)
 Lollis with her pal make it all good!

No comments: