Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

Student Becomes the Teacher

Tonight Brett and I were getting Brady ready for bed. I picked up one of his dinosaur figurines and I said, "Who is this? Parasaurolophus?" and he responds, "No, he's an allosaurus." Both Brett and I said, "I don't think so" and almost immediately realized we should Not be questioning this little dinosaur savant. (But we really did have our doubts!) Brady goes, "Uh huh. He's an allosaurus. I'll show you. Where's my dinosaur book?"

Brett and I sat there incredulously as we watched our little researcher locate his source from his bookshelf and cite it. He flipped to the correct (allosaurus) page and proceeded to appropriately defend his declaration...and prove us wrong.

To quote one of Brett's Facebook friends, "It is both a happy and a sad day....the day you realize with certainty that your son will grow up to be smarter than you."

No comments: