Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

2 years old

Happy 2nd Birthday Sylvie! She's the Littlest Luhring...and she's lovable, sweet, sassy, funny, and she's Ours! :) Lucky us!

Like her brother's was, Sylvie's language is pretty advanced for her age. She speaks in 4-5 word sentences. Dr. Kim was pretty impressed with her at her two-year wellness check. She was a little chatterbox. So even if we can't tell what she's saying sometimes, that's perfectly normal for a two-year old. Her fricative sounds have gotten a little better. But "h" is often still substituted for "s" as in "hwing" for "swing." She says "f" now (no more "hwog" boo!). So sometimes she'll substitute "f" for "s" as in "fwoon" for "spoon" or "Fwiderman" for "Spiderman." It makes me laugh Every time I hear it! :p

Some of my favorite things she says-
"Dees is not mines!" (This is not mine!) I need to record this. I think it's the only whine that I will ever love. It's almost always spoken as a whine, but somehow I find it completely adorable.
It's always "mines" which I think would actually make the English language more consistent- hers, his, yours, theirs, ours...why not mines? :p She mixes up pronouns...and b/c she's our littlest Luhring, I still find it cute. She uses the subject pronoun for everything. "She need she jacket!" for example.
"Dis is my fway-vwit!" (This is my favorite!) She has lots of favorites- it's very cute.
"Bwhay-dee! Be nice!" Yup, she "manages up" and keeps big bro in line. :p
"Not today!" Love this b/c it's a repeat of something I say often and it sounds hilarious coming out from her b/c she sings it.
"Daas bahd noooz!" And it really does sound like "that's bad news" but it is adorable the way she says it. It's her parroting me so it's usually said like this- "We don't fa-whoa toys! Daas bahd noooz! Wight Mommy?" (We don't throw toys. That's bad news! Right Mommy?)

She's been going pee on the potty for a couple months now. She's gone poop a couple times too. She doesn't ask to do it. But she'll go at daycare when all the other kids are and she'll go before her bath like her big brother does. I'm definitely one of the very few parents who are not so excited about this. I don't mind diapers (when faced with the alternative of a touchy toddler on a public toilet seat- ewww!) Our pediatrician's instructions were to wait until after they turn 2 and I'm fine with that. No rush, little girl.

Physically she's on target as well. My most favorite sound in the world is the padding of her little feet on the hardwood as she rushes off to wherever she is going. love it! She wears herself out daily- she loves her nap (me too!) and sleeps ~12 hours/night...still going down without a fuss and still waking up so sweetly, amusing herself until I go get her or she calls for me, "Mommy, wheh-ah ahhh you???" :)

Emotionally I'd say she's on target for a two-year-old girl. She gets upset easily (especially with her big brother! "Bwhay-dee!" is often heard in the most shrill voice!) and will just crumble and cry. She will burst in to tears if she is yelled at or spoken sternly to. Sometimes she's able to be distracted and can quickly recover. Other times, the drama takes over and the wails of injustice go on and on.

I'm not sure how Sylvie is growing so well. She has a very limited palate at home. Yogurt, fruit, Goldfish, gummy snacks, Rice Krispies, cheese sticks, oatmeal, pancakes are her staples. The typical toddler plates- mac n' cheese, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, pizza etc. go down without a fight. But if we're having something other than these foods, she rarely eats with us. She flat out refuses and says, "I don't like dat." without even trying it. sigh. Apparently she's a little hoss at daycare though and cleans her plate there. But we all know Ms. Omayma is an awesome cook, so no surprise there! :p

Weight: 29.3 lbs (81th percentile)
Height: 35.5 inches (89th percentile)

No comments: