Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

Sylvie's daycare is closed today for MLK Day. This morning the kids and I went to the pediatrician for Sylvie's two-year wellness check and for a follow-up on Brady's ear to ensure the infection cleared up. All is well- yay! Except for the four vaccinations Brady got and the two Sylvie got. so sad. Brady started crying when he saw Sylvie's shots being administered. Sylvie stopped crying when it was Brady's turn. But poor sweet Brady was screaming. I felt so helpless holding him that I cried a little too. :( He was just so sad. I gave them each lollipops (Sylvie's first one ever!) before the nurse even entered the room hoping it would help to calm things. After the doctor's appt, we stopped at a nearby construction site and watched the workers clear the area. We all (myself included!) thought it was pretty cool to watch these huge machines pulling giant trees out of the ground like a gardener weeding. Neat! Then I took the two brave, well-behaved kids to Dunkin' Donuts. With the exception of the shots, it was an enjoyable morning.

After that I did some work and the kids played with Grandma and Papa- fun times for all! Of course, the spies made an appearance-

No comments: