Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I didn't take any good pictures today. Brett is very different from me about this- he doesn't seem to care if there are pictures documenting days like this. I'm all emotional about Mother's Day with the kids, cards, and homemade gifts. So it's fine that I only took a few "live action" shots of today. We love you, Daddy! The day was spent hanging out with the kids and we had a yummy steaks-on-the-barbie dinner with Papa and Grandma. Here's a pict from Papa's cam-

Brady and Daddy played baseball outside. Brady's getting pretty good and Daddy pitched to him today. I was inside and heard a "crack!" sound. I came out and said, "What was that?!" Daddy said, "Brady hit the house with the wiffle ball. He's getting good. The one before that nearly took my head off...it whizzed right by my ear." haha!

Oh, Romey had a haircut today. So we took the kids to the aquarium/zoo pet store. As usual, they were entertained.

Just like they did for Mother's Day, Brady's class did a fill-in-the-blank worksheet for Father's Day. The last question made me literally LOL. In response to, "I think my dad is..." Brady didn't answer, "handsome, strong, amazing" (like we all know he is) he intelligently replied, "Brett." Well that's true, smart boy! When I read the other kids' responses ("a clean guy, special b/c I love him, funny, a superhero") I realized that he and his best bud Cameron must have been sitting next to each other, b/c Cam's response to this question was "Graeme."


In case you cannot read all his answers in the picture, here's how he filled in the blanks when Miss Tina and Miss Ashley asked him about his daddy:

My dad is special because...he plays with me and wrestles with me!
I like it when my dad...plays baseball, tennis, and rides bikes with me. He loves to golf with me too!
I like to make my dad smile by...playing with him and make silly faces.
My dad's favorite thing to do is...to make smoothies with me and eat donuts with me!
My dad is smart! He even knows...how to balance his cell phone on his bike! He doesn't even need training wheels! He can also pop a wheelie!
I think my dad is...Brett.

No comments: