Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 2: The Day Out with Thomas

This morning we went to the Day Out with Thomas at the Strasburg Railroad. It was Awesome! When we got there, we went straight to the boarding zone for our 10:45 ride with Thomas. Sylvie and I held our place in line while the boys went in to a nearby shop. After a while, Sylvie and I heard Thomas chuffing (a Thomas term, btw) down the track. I was nervous that the boys would miss him. (I didn't realize we'd have the opportunity to see him Every time he arrived and left the station- which was like 10 more times during our visit. ha! This is so nerdy, but I have to admit when I saw Thomas for the first time I nearly cried with excitement. I was squealing, "There's Thomas, Sylvie! It's Thomas!" Sylvie totally knew who he was from Brady's DVDs. She pointed and shouted, "choochoo! choochoo!" He was a real engine pulling the coaches; his eyes moved back and forth as he chuffed; the Thomas music was playing...it was Really cool! (even thinking about it now makes me happy...wonder who had a better time- me or the kids?) The ride was beautiful too. The track went right through farm fields.

I was anticipating some Thomas-related questions based on his knowledge gleaned from his DVDs. Brady did not disappoint me. :) When we were on the train, he said, "Mommy, is this Annie or Clarabelle?" (These are Thomas's coaches, the passenger cars he usually pulls.) When I said, "Perhaps it Is one of them. I'm not sure." He replied, "No, I don't think so. It doesn't have a face!" ha! Later on in the day he asked, "Mommy, is this the island of Sodor?" (which is where Thomas and his friends live and work). So cute, I love it!





We also had a mini-train ride.

Thomas videos and tattoos

Sylvie was napping in the stroller so only the boys went in to meet the superintendent of the railway, Sir Topham Hatt. Aren't they all so cute?

1 comment:

TDBurke said...

Awesome!! Can't wait to take the boys!