Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Do What Now?!?!?!

oh boy, this is happening! 
Last Tuesday, I stood in line with Kristin, Jen, and Jenny and registered my first-born for kindergarten!  I wasn't really emotional that day b/c it was sort of like a fun outing with my friends.  (LoCo registration can be a bit of madness so we'd been talking about it and planning for it.)  But it was a snap and we went to Panera to hang out a little bit afterward.

One week later-  today is Brady's kindergarten assessment...and his (and my) first real look at his new school.  Today did me in.  There's something about elementary schools in general that evoke deep emotion in me.  I feel excited and happy and like all I can do is smile and cry when I visit.  I remember feeling like this when I was an elementary school speech therapist.  There's just something about elementary school...and then you add the fact that wrapped in mine is my little boy's five-year-old hand and he's feeling a little anxious and excited too...and I'm just done!  I tried not to let Brady see it...I can't explain it and didn't want his memory of "big school" to be "it made Mommy cry and smile and giggle."  ;p  Here we go...

No comments: