Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

One Mama's Craigslist is Another Kid's Treasure

Sylvie noticed right away when I brought some baby items (that are ready for new homes) out of storage...and of course, she thought they were new things for her baby dolls. It has been making me LOL as I thought about a memory from my childhood. I was just telling my Aunt B about it- I can't help but think of you right now. I am cracking up! Sylvie is Most happily playing with her and Brady's old rocker/bouncy chair that I brought up from the basement b/c I'm selling it on Craigslist. She's going to have a Fit when the lady comes to buy it and takes it away on Sunday.

It is Totally reminding me of when you had a garage sale one time and we were there. I found a baby blanket or something that I thought I just Had to have for my Cabbage Patch Doll (Delinda Adora)...so I must have been like 8 years old. You and Mom said I could have it if it didn't sell. Then this lady came and bought it...and I was So sad. I gave her the stink eye the entire time she was holding it. Then she paid you for it and I burst in to tears and you and Mom had to explain the situation to her. She must have been like, "Aw, shut up, you spoiled brat! This blanket is for my Real baby, not your doll!" But I just remember being So ticked off at her- LOL!!!!


Thankfully, in our situation, it turned out that this seat was picked up while Sylvie was napping, and she hasn't seemed to notice it's absence. But I was a little worried the way she was Constantly using this bouncy chair. I totally empathize, sweet girl! I've been there! :p

No comments: