Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Kristine's Wedding!

We're off to the Dom Rep for Kristine's wedding!  It's our first international trip without the kids. Grandma and Papa are home with them (and our unauthorized dog-bone hoarding tenant) ;p  I 100% agree with Deann's statement from 17 years ago, when she was in the same space...leaving the kids home is not as hard as I thought it would be, but harder than I expected. (for the record, this has Always made sense to me!)
The beach ceremony was Gorgeous (sans the random fat guy in the Speedo who decided to witness the union as well).  The reception was the BEST!  I danced all night long...literally.  Once the music started playing, I didn't sit down.  I had Awesome dance partners in 6 year olds Brody and Riley.  These kids are party animals!  What a Blast!  I left the camera (and the dress I was gong to wear to the wedding! yikes!) at home, so the only thing we have are a few iPics from Brett's phone.  update: Thanks to Betty for posting pics that I snagged.  :)
 
 
 Let's Go, Hokies!!!
 Seriously, LOVE this boy!  
He's got rockin' rhythm and mad moves...danced all.night.long!
 Alvin says, "Prom pose people" and we all knew just what to do.  HA!

I thought the resort looked familiar and wondered if we had stayed there before when we were in the DR in 2006.  But Brett said, "all these places look similar" and we could not remember the crazy kids pool.  It wasn't until we got home and looked at this one picture by the snail that we said, "yup, same place."  wild!
2006
2013
We had an AMAZING time!  It was EXACTLY what we needed.  I was inspired by Kristine and Gavin and their fabulous relationship.  We reunited with friends we haven't seen in forever and Loved catching up, swapping stories, and sharing time with their wonderful families.  I fell in love with Brett all over again. sigh.  We were able to get some face time (via FaceTime) with the kids each day since there was free wi-fi in the lobby. But most importantly, we got quality (uninterrupted, relaxing) face time with each other.

No comments: