Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Class Valentines

I'm not sure why every year I think this is a good idea.  I want to make Valentines with the kids.  I envision it being a teaching moment (practice writing, cutting, pasting) of a craft filled with love.  But in actuality it is typically me pleading for nice handwriting and a better attitude.  lol!  It wasn't so bad this year.  Here's a shot of the process...kind of fun (? again all depends on how you look at it) that Sylvie had her own valentines to do this year.  They each had 20+ (!) cards to do!
The valentines actually came out pretty cute!  As I was hunched over the kitchen island late at night finishing up, Brett asked me, "How long do you think you can keep this up?"  I laughed and said, "Not much longer. But for now it's fun, but I have an * next to fun!  Didn't you do Valentine's cards when you were little?" He goes, "Yeah, but my mom went to the store and bought 20 for like $1 and I just signed them all."  lol!  Yeah well that will likely be the plan next year.  :p
Brady's all had chocolate/sprinkle dipped marshmallow hearts attached.  (Sylvie took the same treat in for her class party...they Love marshmallows.) 
Sylvie's all had Hershey's Hugs and Kisses attached.  I wrote "xoxo," and she wrote "Sylvie" on all 20+ valentines!  She was the only one in her class (which is made up of mostly 4 year olds, who are one year older than her) who signed her own name on her cards.  Way to go Syl!
She even wrote "Tina" and "Ashley," her teacher's names.  She's awesome like that!
(I can distinctly remember writing all of Brady's for him when he was three years old..b/c it was the first time we did Valentines b/c it was his first time in "big kid school.")

We got them a few fun little treats (things like heart shaped water bottles, fruit tape, gummy snacks, a shirt/a headband...and tickets to Disney on Ice this weekend- whoohoo!!)

No comments: