Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Aqua BLOB

With the weather being so hot, we took the BLOB League to the water. We went to the Blairs' awesome resort-like neighborhood pool this evening. It was beautiful and fun! I was taking a picture of Kellan and Brady...

...and guess who pops right in the middle and gives me a perfect smile- little sis Sylvie!

We were told we couldn't eat on the pool deck and had to go to the picnic area. I'm so glad we did! There, we found the beach!!! Okay, so it really was a sand volleyball court, but the kids had it all to themselves for quite a while and LOVED it! Sylvie was swimming in the sand...or making making a reverse "sand angel?" I'm not sure, but she was happy!

I was trying to get the kids to eat dinner while they were playing. I was feeding them so that they wouldn't touch their food with sandy hands and have gritty dinner.
Yes, I was their cabana girl

So a little while later, I'm feeding them and this little girl who has joined them playing says, "It's like you're their slave." I laughed so hard at the astute observation of this adorable little girl, that I had to ask about her. Her name is Gracie and she just turned 5 years old. Such insight for a 5 year old. I sometimes do feel like that, Gracie! :p

While the kids played and ate dinner, Daddy sat in the shade and got a little work done on the proposal he's working on via his iPad. Perfect!

Afterward, we rinsed off and then played in the pool until it closed. The brave kiddos even went under the gush of water from the mushroom waterfall.

No comments: