Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

On Friday night, I saw the baby move for the first time...VERY funny! At home with only the dogs, I laughed out loud for a good 15 minutes. I was sitting there and could feel him moving and happened to look down. My whole belly had these tiny little shakes in response to his kicks (or elbows or punches...who knows for sure?). I was cracking up! I emailed Brett to tell him we had a new trick to show him when he got home. (He was in Blacksburg living it up like a college kid in anticipation of the 2007 Hokie football season opener the following day.)

On Saturday, I watched an emotional ESPN College Gameday. It was definitely not just the hormones, the show was well done with many clips of "We are Virginia Tech" and stories remembering the victims and attempting to ramp up the 2007 season. Following the game and on Sunday too, I mistakenly watched many "Labor Day baby specials," telling the labor and delivery stories of various women, on tv. What was I thinking?! eeesh! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

On Monday, Brett and I attempted to register @ Babies R Us (BRU). I say "attempted" b/c it's harder than it sounds. When we registered for our wedding, we gleefully went around beeping fun stuff with the scanner gun while a nice guy from Bed, Bath, and Beyond walked us through the store telling us all the cool gadgets that we might want for our house and for married life. We were all alone in BRU and probably couldn't have looked like two more clueless fools. Sure, we were armed with the BRU checklist and the Baby Bargains book, but still we had no idea what was going on or what we would need. Heck, Brett didn't know what most of the stuff was for!

There were a few times when I was literally doubled over in laughter though. When we saw the "snuzzler" designed for baby head and body support, Brett says, "Oh damn! Look at that thing...we're getting it and I'm using it! That thing looks so comfortable! I want it!" Then we saw a sort of pad that you could put underneath the baby in the carseat and right on the packaging it said that it was for "diaper blowouts." Brett lost it! He said, "This thing is just cool b/c it says 'diaper blowouts' right on the packaging!" We got a good laugh at that...indeed, we are mature enough to be parents!

No comments: