Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Growing a tax write-off

I love the IRS! huh, what? :) The IRS is my government client. I usually go to their Maryland facility about once a week. Last week, for the first time, someone I didn't know commented on the baby. I noted it as my first "stranger comment" and it was awesome! One of the security guards said, "How is your baby?" to me and at first I thought I heard her wrong. But then she smiled and looked at my belly and I said, "Oh! Thank you so much for asking!!! The baby is doing just fine!"

Then today one of the woman I see from time to time in the office (but who is not our client and I don't work with) saw me and noticed my belly and said, "Oh my! How exciting! Is this your first?" Then she launched in to a bunch of questions. It was so fun! IRS employees in particular find Brett's "tax deduction" comments thoroughly amusing. When people ask when the baby is due, and I respond December 28, they usually say, "A Christmas baby! Or maybe New Year's baby!" and I tell them how babydaddy has said, "We gotta get this kid out this year to take full advantage of the tax deduction! If Dick Clark comes on, we're going to the hospital to induce!!!"
Yes Ziggy, your daddy is funny...almost as funny as he is budget conscious! :p

No comments: