Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bending it like Beckham

Be careful what you wish for! A few weeks ago I was having many pleading conversations with our growing little boy asking for him to give me a sign that all was well and to let me feel him move. I was worried b/c I didn't think I was feeling any movement and knew that around that time I should have been. I determined that one of two things was going on-
#1 I have another disobedient little boy
(in addition to Romey Domey Duper Dog)
or
#2 I was a clueless mom

Yup! Turns out I'm a clueless mom (but I'm letting myself slide and utilizing the "I'm a first-timer" defense). Ziggy is proving to be a very obedient little one and now that I recognize what it is, I've felt lots of regular movement. As we were driving home from work today, he must been in a weird position, b/c I could really feel him and it was making me LOL. It really tickled. I had to say, "Hey buddy, what's going on in there? Can you slow it down a bit so that we can safely drive home?"
***
This past weekend Brett was able to feel slight movement. We were relaxing on Friday night and I said, "Okay, Ziggy's pretty active now and you may be able to feel this." So we laid together quietly and Brett felt a little kick. His face was so awesome! It is a beautiful mental picture very similar to the one I have captured in my brain from when he read the pregnancy test for the first time. Boy, this is fun!!!

1 comment:

Soma said...

Hey Brett & Tiff - Baz just told me about the blog! It'll be fun to keep up with your pregnancy this way. Glad to hear that Zig's moving! Let us know if you need anything!