Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Redneck shower

Happy Birthday Brett! Guess what he got for his 31st birthday? A hot water heater. Dude, are we old or what? lol! Nah, we're not old; but we are homeowners! Our hot water heater went ka-put today. This morning after taking a lukewarm shower that was ice cold by the end, I suspected something was wrong. :( We've purchased a new hot water heater and the installers should be here tomorrow. However tonight Brett decided he needed to take a shower. He says, "No big deal...it's like 70 degrees outside. I'll just shower with the hose...it'll still be warmer than inside." I don't think I have laughed this hard in a while. Out the front door he goes wearing his bathing suit and carrying shampoo, soap, and a towel. He turns off the porch light "for privacy" he says. LOL! We both were hysterical laughing as I took pictures documenting his redneck shower.
Lather and Rinse
Brett's real 31st birthday present was a pair of Heely's...you know, the shoes that you can skate on? The ones that 10 year old kids go whizzing by you in the mall with? Yeah, those. Brett used to look at those kids and say, "They should make those for adults." Imagine how thrilled I was the day I learned they DO make adult sized ones! With just a little practice, Brett got the hang of them pretty quickly. We were laughing thinking that one day we may get a pair of these for Ziggy. Brett goes, "Yeah, I'll be telling him about the pair I had and he'll say...cool, you had Heely's when you were little Dad? and I'll say, No son, I got them for my 31st birthday."

No comments: