Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Surprise! and A View From The Top

We were in Denver from August 8-12 for the annual Voth Family Reunion. It was also our in-person opportunity to inform Rich and Sherry that they were going to be grandparents. It was a neat surprise. Originally we had planned to let my protruding belly and a special maternity top speak for themselves to inform the grandparents-to-be. However, we altered our announcement plans b/c Brett's parents picked us up via airport drive-by as opposed to their usual meeting us in the main terminal and waiting with us at baggage claim. So I wore a larger shirt to not spoil the surprise.

We went to lunch and when we were seated, I went to the bathroom and removed the larger shirt to reveal my "Pregnant (not fat)" tank top. I sat down across from them and said, "With all this food, it's as if you guys are eating for two...when in fact only I AM!" It took a brief moment of processing what I said and reading my shirt for them to react. But indeed they, like my parents, are super excited to become grandparents.

While we were in Colorado, we visited Mount Evans and drove the winding road to the summit (14,264 feet up). We, of course, documented the visit, but truth be told, Ziggy did not like it too much and let me know it by making me nauseous. Also, despite the fact that it was 80 degrees at the bottom of the mountain, it was in the 50's and SNOWING at the summit! brrr! We took a quick photo to document the moment, but I told Ziggy that if he wanted to return some day, it'd be with his Daddy and Grandpa b/c Sherry and I had had our fill of mountain peaks, despite the (literally) breathtaking views. :)

No comments: