Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Spelunking

We went to Luray Caverns today.  Fun memories...I can remember coming here when I was a kid!  This was another thing on my "to do with the kids this summer" list.  Just reliving my childhood through my kids. :)
Chatting up Grandma while we wait in the line 
(I thought they looked so cute so intent in their convo!)
The kids were prepared, thanks to Mimi. Today they discovered that these headlamps were not only great for "closet camping" but worked awesome in the real caves too! 
Sylvie took her exploring pretty seriously; didn't really appreciate the beauty of the stalactites and stalagmites, but I'm pretty sure she looked in every single dark hole she could find!
So cool! This is where there is really only 20" of water, but it looks like a deep cavern with the reflection.
  
It was the anniversary weekend (August 9) of the discovery of the caves.  This room was open to the public (which it's not usually) and candle-lit.  So beautiful!
 
 The Organ Room...very cool!
 
  Watch your head, Papa!
A lot has changed on the outside of the caverns (since I'd been here 25 years ago!).  Now there's a maze to go through and a ropes course.  I'd never been on a ropes course like this before (the boys had @ Wonderworks in Myrtle Beach last year).  It made me a little nervous.  But the kids rocked it!  Especially Sylvie!  Brett had her walking backwards on the tight rope and flying across the beam several stories up.  amazing!
Finding our way through the maze- 
 so.sweet.
 "I think This way, Daddy!"
 
 I told him to make a fancy face b/c this was an old Benz...that's his best fancy face. ha!

No comments: