Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools

I've been waiting for the kids to be old enough to understand practical jokes...well, they sort of do anyway.  So very last minute last night (@ like 11 PM) I decided to pull some AFD jokes on them and see how it goes.  I made them their typical Cheerios + milk breakfast and then put the bowls in the freezer.  I distracted them so they didn't see me take the bowls out and then said, "Okay, eat your breakfast!"  Sylvie was funny she goes, "It's stuck!  I can't (eat my breakfast)!  It's FROZED!"  lol!

Then I put dog bones in their boots (apropos for our house this year!) and threw their stuffed rat, Tooey (as in Ratatouille) next to them.  They cracked up as much as I did!
We had dessert for dinner (meatloaf "cupcakes" with mashed potato "frosting") and dinner for dessert (cake spaghetti and "chocolate" meatballs).
They were not amused.  In fact, Sylvie might have cried a bit.  LOL!  But go figure, once we removed the "frosting" (which is weird, b/c she's actually the one who eats mashed potatoes! Brady does not) Sylvie ate like FOUR cupcakes.This is huge for this girl who eats like a typical preschooler.
 Yay! Cupcakes for dinner!  A dream come true!
 Or an AFD nightmare!  wwaaaaaaahhhh!

No comments: