Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

you didn't do it mama

The stomach bug hit me late last night and carried through the day today.  I laid around for most of the day and was passed out on the couch around 10 PM.  Brett just went outside to let Romey out and I heard pained Sylvie cry out.  It was one of her "my body hurts" cries and it was quickly followed by wailing.  I barely had the energy to lift my head from the pillow, but I could literally feel the adrenaline shoot through me and I ran upstairs.  Poor sweet bunny was sitting up in her bed with her body wreching.  Despite the fact that I too was so sick and smells were bothering me, I grabbed her blankets and started wiping her face and body with them and allowing her to throw up in them.  Brett had given her a blackberry smoothie with dinner.  omg!  She looked like a horror film.  She's crying and I'm crying too.  It had to have been the "mommy strength" people talk about, but somehow I picked her and all her blankets up (I had no eaten anything for 24+ hours and was So weak) and carried her to her bathroom and put her in the tub.  I turned the water on and let her jammies get soaked b/c they were covered in blackberry vomit.  We both sat there hugging in the tub crying.  I felt SO awful for my little bunny.  I kept crying and saying, "I'm SO sorry Sylvie.  So sorry!"  and sweet baby bunny kept replying (between heaves)
"You didn't do it Mama!  You didn't do it!"
oh.my.heart.  It made me sob even harder. love you love you love you sweet girl.  You are my baby always and forever.

No comments: