Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

4 Years Old

Happy 4th Birthday Sylvie!  The little miss is sweet and sassy, for sure.  Sometimes SO sweet and loving and lovable...and other times just doing her own thing and letting the world know that she runs it!  She still has this raspy little voice that many moms tell me I need to keep recording b/c she will grow out of it.  It's Super cute...and she uses it A LOT.  The girl is like her mama- Constantly talking.  I mean seriously, non-stop.  And the things she says!  oh my goodness!  She cracks me up daily.  Most of the things that make me laugh are just regular statements, but when she says them it makes me stop and LOL.  I can't think of many examples right now (I need to pause and write them down when she says them), but one is "Please don't tell me..."  (e.g., "Mommy, Please don't tell me we are having chicken for dinn-ah!"  She still does not pronounce her Rs correctly; and oddly enough I'm still okay with this, probably b/c it's SO stinkin' cute coupled with her raspy voice, and b/c I know she will eventually grow out of this developmental error.

She is beyond smart...I swear second kids are.  I often have to remind her to Not do Brady's homework and Not shout out answers.  Sylvie was chatting it up with Brady's kindergarten teacher the other day.  Yes, we still communicate regularly with our teachers (I love it!).  We usually just drop Brady off at the classroom door after we've all walked, but the other day Sylvie declared, "I wanna her the new news song!"  So Mrs. Colicci invited her to come on in and sit down to watch the news- ha!  She then chatted with Mrs. Holmes and Mrs. Holmes just looked up in wonder at me and said, "I LOVE her confidence.  She So sure of herself and communicates this well.  She is SO ready for kindergarten."  Yup, little sister's Always been ready for what's next.  We heard similar things from Brady's preschool teachers...we always had her tagging along with Brady's activities and she absorbs it all and is comfortable in these now-familiar environments.

Recently I enrolled the kids in swimming lessons.  They had to be evaluated.  Brady tentatively clung to my hand and Sylvie marched her little self right in to the pool area.  I could not go in with them, but I could see them and hear Loud Sylvie.  The instructor must have asked Brady how old he was and he quietly answered (I saw the teacher lean in to hear him).  I Heard Sylvie SHOUT and motion with her fingers, "My broth-uh is SIX!  I'm fo-uh!  This many!!" That right there is So them.  :)

Weight: 38.13 lbs (78th percentile)
Height: 40.75 inches (73rd percentile)

No comments: