Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pint-sized Picassos

Brett asked me to help him find artwork for his office. I said, "How about an original Little Luhring piece?" :) I bought the canvas and the kids did an art project tonight. At first I was going to have them follow Brett's request. (He wanted something with vertical lines.) But then I just let them go. My only rule was, "Don't smear the colors too much." b/c all too often that's what our paintings end up as- smeared giant brown globs. :) Sylvie did surprisingly well with the paintbrush and the instructions. She wanted lots of color (for Brett's sake, I hid the bottle of pink paint). Brady's vision and explanation of it were fascinating. As he painted, he described how he was making a golf course. "Here's the sand trap...if you gotta get your ball out, you need a pitching wedge. Here's the cactus where your ball can get stuck on. Here's some water, but not too much 'cuz it's the desert." (Can you tell that he was watching some golf tournament in Arizona with Grandma and Papa this past weekend?) :)
A Masterpiece indeed!

I love it so much I'm commissioning these artists for a few more pieces for our house! :)

2 comments:

jenn said...

beautiful!

and um...when did your kids grow up?!?! i can tell i haven't checked your blog in a while....they are almost in college!!! and adorable as always :)

Courtney said...

that's awesome!