Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommy!

What a super fun birthday this has been! I'm going to repeat my Facebook statuses (I never post to FB, but it was a great day!) here-

FB status: Thanks for all the birthday wishes and suggestions of doing something fun with the fam. We started the day off doing just that- thanks to sidewalk replacement in our neighborhood. Honestly, it was entertaining for us ALL! Of course the entertainment came at the cost of Sylvie missing her hot breakfast at daycare, Brady missing part of a puppet show at school, and me missing a conference call…but it was worth it- SO fun (even if the construction workers think we’re weird). :)

Later that afternoon, while I was on another conference call I felt and heard the house shake a little bit. I figured it was the construction workers outside until everyone on my conference call (from various places around here) kept saying, "Did you feel that?! I think that was an earthquake!" I went outside and the neighbors were all out and the construction workers had their hands up in the air saying, "That wasn't us!" How cool is that?! Thanks God for the super cool birthday present (5.9 on the Richter)!

FB status: Turning 35 totally shook me up. It's rocking my world...wait, no it's not, it just caused my house to tremble for few seconds. oh, and apparently most of my East Coast neighbors were also shook up to hear I'm 35 today. haha! What an awesome birthday! :)

Second verse, same as the first, Tiffany-style! We went to Sweetwater again for dinner tonight (recall that we did the same thing for Brett's birthday one week ago...but we all love the food and the atmosphere is forgiving when the kids get loud and crazy).


Still the best.presents.EVER
I love ice cream cake and a couple years ago, Carvel started making a football cake and putting it out around this time. It's awesome- with crunchies all over it. Yumm, it's my birthday dessert tradition.




For both our birthdays, Sylvie gave us our full names. :) Just this week (in one day actually) she switched from Dada and Mama to Daddy and Mommy. They're both sweet sounds- love it!

No comments: