Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Walking With Goose

This used to be the name of the Consers' blog. We enjoyed a super fun catch-up dinner at Clyde's tonight with Chuck, Becky, and Gybson (and Chuck's parents). We haven't seen our Texan friends since March of last year! I so do wish they still lived here! Partially because I miss hanging out with them and having great times together, but now too because I realize what great times our children would have together! I have Never seen Brady interact so pleasantly and sweetly with another child as he did tonight with Gybson! From the first moment he saw her, he encouraged her to sit and play with his Clyde's tractor. Yes, amazingly (and for the first time I've seen) he shared without being asked. They ran around the grounds together, looked at the fish in the pond together, and played So nicely together. At one point, Brett was walking with Brady and he said, "Oh look, there's Gybson over there!" and completely on his own (without any prompting at all from Brett) Brady ran to her and hugged her. He Really likes her. It must be because they are kindred spirits...born on the same day, December 20, exactly one year apart. Apparently their parents are also kindred spirits...Becky and I were delighted to realize we are both due with our second children within one month of each other! (She's due with another girl on Dec. 18.) I used to always think of the Consers when I heard the Bowling for Soup song, Come Back to Texas (I Love that song!). Now I'm asking them: Come Back to NoVa...we miss you! :)


I wish our waitress had a better angle here. But I do like how everyone is looking at the camera...even poor little Brady is peaking around his mama to get his "cheeese!" in there.

No comments: