Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 25, 2013

All in a Day's Work

Building a snowman and visiting the Easter Bunny on the same day.  weird.
Today was an interesting (and wonderful!) day.  I thought I'd let the kids stay home for an hour or so in the morning to let them play in what really should be the last of this season's snow.  (random! we got like 8" of snow today...March 25!)  I got them dressed and told them that I didn't take the day off and had lots of work to do.  I asked them to only play in the side yard where I could see them from my office window.  They were amazingly good!  

They built their very own snowman, or snowball with a face- ha!  
 
Seriously though- Brady pushed this thing around the yard all by himself and then asked me for the snowman parts.  (We have this cute "kit" that says, "just add snow.")
 
 Coffee Cocoa Break
 
 Seriously, they were being SO sweet and SO good...made my heart happy.  Sylvie's knocking on the door, "Mommy!?  Mommy, are you dare?" She asks for sunglasses b/c the snow is "very shiny."  Then about 5 minutes later, I open the door to check on them b/c I cannot see Brady.  I call him and he rounds the corner looking like this.  He's been wearing Brett's old ski goggles since he was 2 years old...today for the first time they were appropriate.  I literally LOLed when he rounded the corner wearing them!  Love these kids!
 Uh yeah, who replaced my preschooler with this teenage ski bum?!?!
Their sweetness continued inside.  They were getting warm together and snuggling...oh my heart. 
They are "roasting" marshmallows here...yeah, really that's just holding these mini peppermint marshmallows up to the fireplace glass.  HA!  still so darn cute!
Then we were off to see the Easter Bunny.  I had been planning to take this annual pict sometime this week, so why not today when these sweet bunnies are home?!  There's lollies and a train ride in it for them!  More fun!
 
 
 

No comments: