Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Speaking of Sylvie's Nap-

Sylvie is Really good about going down to sleep. She pretty much always has been. I've been rocking her before naps and bedtime lately b/c I want to, not because she needs it. It just feels good to me to have her little head resting on my shoulder and to hear her breathing get deeper and deeper or to have her chubby little hand pat me on the back. Sometimes when I put her down, she is still wide awake and sometimes in the middle of the night when she's woken and needs her paci reset or has just eaten, she's wide awake. It used to be that I'd place my hand on her chest and she's play with it or hold on really tight. Lately I've been giving her one of her PBK stuffed toy rings (the frog) to hold on to. So this little frog is always in her crib. I checked on her napping this afternoon and found this:

Somehow the frog went from being a security object she holds close to her chest to being an anklet. lol! I love this picture too b/c it shows another thing she often does- holds on to the bumper. When she's sleeping, I think it's for security. When she's awake, she pulls it down to peek out. When Brady and I go to greet her and she's peering over the bumper, we see this crazy bedhead (yes, she rocks the retro Kate Gosselin do- and it really puffs up after she's slept on it) and we hear this stifled giggle from behind the paci. It's so cute.

No comments: