Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy Campers

We're are already going to be able to check something off our list!  What better way to kick off summer than a weekend camping?!  This year, Jenny coordinated the "camp site" with her brother and sister-in-law.  Their awesome 9-acre home was where we set up camp and created our very own Shanty-town! ;p
This "camp site" was awesome- complete with gracious hosts, lots of land, lots of games, a firepit, a pool, and a hot tub!  Pretty sure our pre-schoolers view of camping is distorted with this poshness!
The fellas played horseshoes (and Horse) on the bball court.
Super Moon!
Photo credits for these below: Chad and his iPhone

 How awesome are these!  Chad and I called this one the iPhone "Home" button.
(strategically placed glowstick)
 Yes, I'm magical...on Super Moon night!
Roasting marshmallows and making s'mores!
These pictures were taken over at least 15 minutes time (as Susan and Merrick roasted the Same marshmallows).  The Jamaicans' inaugural s'mores making provided some entertainment for us! ;p
The kids made their own campfire with their flashlights, lanterns, and glowsticks and told their own ghost stories.  So cute!  (I had to use flash to actually capture the moment, but it was dark {except for the brightness of the Super Moon}.)
Just like last year, I don't think I slept more than 20 minutes. sigh. I was literally counting the minutes until sunrise so everyone else would wake up (and let me tell you with Super Moon, I was tricked several times...it was So light out all night long, pretty awesome!)  So this is "roughing it" for me...being up at the crack of dawn before everyone else.  wild!
The kids went swimming again on Sunday morning.  Imagine my surprise when Chad told me it was only 9:45 (!) and we'd already had chips and salsa leftovers and the kids had been playing "house" in the tents and swimming for a good two hours.  LOL!  Man, we usually will have just gotten up and moving @ 9 AM in our house!  Again, this is the Luhrings "roughing it."  ha!
 cutie-cake!

No comments: