Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Big Girl Bed

So, Sylvie's potty-trained...just like that!  ha!  I think she probably could have been long ago, but I just wasn't ready.  I was not planning to potty-train her until after our vacation next week.  The thought of driving 8 hours and the threat of public toilets were making me hesitant.  So what finally made me "ready?"  Um, we ran out of diapers and I didn't want to buy more- haha!  Yesterday daycare let me know that Sylvie needed more diapers.  We had half a box left and I decided I wasn't buying another box.  So I asked her if she wanted underwear and she said yes.  And that was that.  Seriously.  She's potty-trained.  I think the biggest thing about potty training is getting the child to go on the potty for the first time.  Well, Sylvie's been doing that for almost a year now!  I told her that Dora and the princesses (who are on her underwear) do not like it when they are messy, so she had to go pee and poop on the potty.  {back-blogging update: it's been a week and she has not had one accident yet!}  She still has to wear diapers to nap and sleep b/c even if she goes right before she lays down, she's still wet when she gets up, but we'll get past that soon enough.

Since she's potty-trained, we thought it was time to make her a big girl bed so she could get out of bed by herself.  Just as we did with Brady's conversion, the construction project began before nap this afternoon.

You may remember that I once declared that Sylvie may be in a crib until she's 18 b/c she's so great occupying herself (and letting us sleep).  Lately she and Brady are reversed though- he's sleeping in and she's calling me @ 7 AM.  Selfishly, that was another reason I wanted the bed conversion.  It's funny though- she'll still call me very Loudly, "Mommy!  Can I get out?!?!?!" even though I've told her, "You can just get up, bring Baby Dollie, and come in our bed to say good morning to us." :)

No comments: